Welcome to Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
News & Events
- The semi-palmated sandpipers have arrived. The best viewing times are two hours before high tide until two hours after high tide. As the tide comes in the birds also come in closer while feeding on the mud flats. For the tide charts, click here.
- The Annual Sandpiper Festival will be held July 25, 26, and 27, 2014. We welcome all visitors, past residents; and of course, the semi-palmated sandpipers. Click here for the Schedule of Events!
- The July newsletter is now up.
- July 2014 - Dorchester School Reunion - This summer coming, we will be hosting the Second Dorchester Reunion and you are all invited!! This will be during the Annual Sandpiper Festival, which is taking place July 25, 26, & 27, 2014. More to follow.
- The "2014 People's Choice Photo Exhibit & Contest" will be held July 25, 26, 27, 2014 during the Annual Sandpiper Festival. The entry form and information are here. For the photo of the 2013 finalists click here.
- The Village of Dorchester February 2013 issue issue (5.5 mb pdf)is here.
- Sandpiper Festival 2008 Photos .
- Pay your Water and Sewer bill online
Welcome to the historic Village of Dorchester!
Located on the Tintamarre/Tantramar scenic loop between Sackville and Memramcook, Dorchester overlooks Shepody Bay and some of the most breathtaking scenery in New Brunswick. Our close proximity to the City of Moncton allows us to enjoy the pleasures of rural living, with only a short commute to shopping and work.
The Village is home to the "World's Largest Sandpiper" and the annual Sandpiper Festival. Each year, between mid-July and mid-September, more than 80% of the world's Semipalmated Sandpipers flock to the shores of Johnson's Mills, just minutes from the Village center. Ranging in groups of 10 to flocks of 125,000, these tiny birds perform aerial displays that attract visitors from around the world.
Come spend some time with us. Explore our heritage, our nature and a host of attractions. You may find that, like our birds, after you've visited once you're bound to return again!