Welcome to Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
News & Events
- March, 2015, Newsletter (5.3 MB PDF)
- February, 2015, Newsletter (5.4 MB PDF)
- The 2015 Sandpiper Festival will be held July 24, 25, & 26; and don’t miss the People’s Choice Fifteenth Annual Photo Exhibit
- Sandpiper Festival 2008 Photos .
- Pay your Water and Sewer bill online
Welcome to the historic Village of Dorchester!
Located on the Tintamarre/Tantramar scenic loop between Sackville and Memramcook, Dorchester overlooks Shepody Bay and some of the most breathtaking scenery in New Brunswick. Our close proximity to the City of Moncton allows us to enjoy the pleasures of rural living, with only a short commute to shopping and work.
The Village is home to the "World's Largest Sandpiper" and the annual Sandpiper Festival. Each year, between mid-July and mid-September, more than 80% of the world's Semipalmated Sandpipers flock to the shores of Johnson's Mills, just minutes from the Village center. Ranging in groups of 10 to flocks of 125,000, these tiny birds perform aerial displays that attract visitors from around the world.
Come spend some time with us. Explore our heritage, our nature and a host of attractions. You may find that, like our birds, after you've visited once you're bound to return again!